Your Home in Crete
Maroulas Rethymno - Crete
3 Rooms, 7 Guests
Amazing house for your holidays
Kivotos Villa is a luxurious villa who combine’s the traditional architecture of the area with modern facilities. Raw materials of Crete were used for the construction. Stone and wood for the floor, beamed pine for high ceiling and byzantine tiles for the external roof.
The house is surrounded by olive groves with fantastic views of the Aegean Sea. You are invited to enjoy the sun set in the deep blue as you are relaxing in the veranda.
The area is very peaceful and only 5 min drive from the nearest village Platanes where one can find everything he need for his vacations.
All rooms have air condition. Master bedroom with a double bed- Bedroom with two single beds. Bedroom En-suite with 2 double beds. Two bedrooms are in the ground floor, all the doors are opening to an extend of one meter, one bathroom is fully equipped for the disabled & access ramps are used in the garden and to the pool to ensure the safety of our guests.
With a double bed, Aircondition, WiFi access, comfortable!
Bedroom with 2 Single Beds
Double bedroom with two Single Beds with air conditioning!
Double bedroom with double Bed with air conditioning
Amazing Vacations in Crete
Complimentary free Wi-Fi coverage is available throughout the villa.
Private entrance and free Parking space inside the property.
3 spacious bedrooms with all the comforts and amenities you need for a relaxing holiday
The kitchen is fully equipped
fast and quiet washing machine, easy to use
7X4 m private swimming pool
For those who love grilled, they will find ideal equipment for BBQ
Air-conditioning in all bedrooms and living room area is included.
coffee or tea, you can make in the fully equipped kitchen
All in-house electronics are available, including a dishwasher, microwave, flat-screen TV with satellite reception, DVD player, Wii console, large fridge with freezer, electric stove, kettle, toaster, cooking utensils, coffee maker, juice maker, washing machine, iron and ironing board.
Checkin & Checkout
Check-in after 15.00
Check -out 11.00
Welcome basket included, courtesy of the owner.
Towels and Linens
Towels, pool towels, linens, covers and blankets provided.
– Housekeeping, towels and linen changes twice per week.
– Pool and garden attendance twice per week.
24h/7days concierge service included.
The pool operates from April to October.
Have a Question?
We are more than happy to answer you
Location & Nearby Attractions
- In the surrounding area (2-5km) you can find a number of small tavernas with genuine Cretan food.
- In almost every village there is a typical “kafeneion” serving coffee, refreshments, home made “raki”, wine and little local dishes.
- In Maroulas village’s square (1,5klm), there is a “kafeneion” and a tavern with local specialities
- You can reach Rethymnon’s north sandy beaches from 10 min( in Platanes village) to -35 min in the area of Eposkopi,Georgoupoli,Panormo,Bali etc
- Explore the magnificent southern coastline like Plakias, the lagoon of Preveli Palm Forest, Triopetra, Ligres, Damnoni in 60 min.
- The inland of Crete has an unexplored character and we will be happy to provide information to make your stay more exciting. Ask us about car hire and destinations, sights and nature, activities and events, taverns and products, local guides, etc.
- If you are planning to rent a car (which is recommended) it would be an asset to choose a 4×4 vehicle, in order to explore the roads less travelled in the mountains.
General Hospital in Rethymno town 6km
Market and Shop
In the nearby village Platanias you will find 2 bakeries, 2 local supermarkets with fresh fruits and vegetables, LIDL supermarket, local products ,a boucher with local cretan cheeses, a pharmacy and a gas station
Site of interest & Museums
The Minoans graced Europe with its first civilization, 4000 years ago.
- Knossos and Faistos Palaces are the main sites of the Minoan Era.
- The Archaeological Museum in Heraklion houses most of the finds, including the Knossos Frescoes and the Faistos Disc.
The Byzantine, Venetian and Ottoman periods left also significant monuments and hundreds of churches and monasteries.
- Rethymnon and Chania Venetian Towns and Fortresses.
- Heraklion Venetian Port and Walls.
- Rethymnon’s 4 mosques.
- The Loggia and St. Titus in Heraklion
- Arkadi, Toplou and Agia Triada Monasteries.
Arkadi monaster is only 12 klm away from the villa.
The Monastery of Arkadi constitutes a landmark of architecture and civilisation considering the magnificent façade of the church, the highly developed spiritual tradition as well as the flourishing development of fine arts. However, the holocaust, which took place in 1866, gave the monastery an eminent place in history, elevating it to an eternal symbol of freedom and heroism, which is acknowledged the world over.
For Amazing Holidays!